Now that you have signed up to become a member of the GSI Affiliate Program all you need to do to get the program up and running is add some links to your web site. If you are proficient with the backend of your web site you may be able to do this yourself or you may need to enlist the help or your web developer – it is not a big job but you do need some general html knowledge.
The dashboard of the Affiliate Program allows you to view your stats, credit history,account profile and also grab the code required to add links to your web site. All areas are accessible via the menu to the left of the screen:
In this section you can view your stats per day/month/year.
Stats collected include Clicks, Sales, Transactions, and Commissions.
LINKS & BANNERS
This area provides you with the code required to add your affiliate links to your web site.
Adding Links & Banners
- Click the ‘Links & Banners’ link in the menu to the left of the screen:
- On the ‘Links & Banners’ you will find the html code to embed links into your web site.
Each link has:
1: The url of the link – these url’s are unique to your account.
2: html code for the link
3: a copy icon to copy the code to your clipboard ready to paste into your html page
4: Preview option so you can see what the link will look like and when clicked shows you the page it links to.
5: Additional info about the page the link will take you to.
There are a few different types of Links you can embed into your web pages.
1. Text Links – these links can be used anywhere on your site. Currently we have supplied text links for the home page of the shop and the home page for each brand. The text that appears with each link is totally customisable so it can be changed to suit wherever you want to use it or you can substitute the text for one of your own images if you wish.
To grab the code for your link simply click the copy icon at the end of the code field (3. in the image above). This will copy the code to your clipboard, you can then paste the code it into your web page wherever you would like the link to appear.
2. Brand Logo Links – these links consist of an image of the selected brand logo which when clicked will link through to the home page of the brand.
Logo images are 200 x 90 pixels.
To grab the code for your link simply click the copy icon at the end of the code field (3. in the image above). This will copy the code to your clipboard, you can then paste it into your web page wherever you would like the logo to appear.
3. Banner ad links – we supply banners in the 4 most popular sizes used on the web. The URLs remain constant but images will be changed regularly so once you place the code into your web page you don’t need to do anything we will change the image and your pages will automatically be updated – this will keep your web page advertising looking fresh and up to date.
Available sizes: 728 x 90px, 300 x 250px, 336 x 280px, 160 x 600px
To grab the code for your link simply click the copy icon at the end of the code field (3. in the image above). This will copy the code to your clipboard, you can then paste it into your web page wherever you would like the banner ad to appear.
This area shows your credit history – amount owed and amount paid. Provides information such as dates of sales, credits payments made to etc.
This area shows your account details these can be changed when required.
This area links to a contact us form. Please don’t hesitate to use this form anytime you need more information or a hand using the Affiliate Program.
Clicking this link you will log you out of the Affiliate program dashboard